Staging your home for viewers is an important element of the selling process. So why is it that each year so many people fail to follow the advice of so many real estate agents?
Selling your house wasn’t as easy as you anticipated it to be, right? Well that’s ok, because believe it or not most homeowners aren’t as clued up about the housing market as they’d like to think they are.
In fact, when it comes down to it, the average person wouldn’t be able to tell you the intricacies of real estate. Not us though, we’re pretty spot on about these things (honest).
Tips for preparing your house to sell
In case you didn’t notice, looks are a BIG deal – people are all about presentation.
It’s not enough to have a nice personality these days, which is why so many people spend their time working on their appearance – it’s all smoke and mirrors.
The same can be said for staging your home. So with that in mind, here’s six simple tips to help make you the wolf of your street…
- Add a fresh lick of paint – Like Dulux (not to be confused with Durex) we know the colours that go, so think twice next time you want to mix muted reds with clean limes, yeah?
- Declutter! – Ok, we get it. You like collecting Heat magazine, but do you really need a pile of them on the coffee table? NO.
- Keep on top of repairs – It goes without saying that you should keep your house in ship shape at all times, but you’d be amazed by the amount of people who fail to maintain their property.
- Don’t neglect the stairway – One of the first things people see when entering the home is the staircase, so naturally you’ll want to make a good first impression. By adding a bit of personality and some liveliness you could very well help influence the sale.
- What’s that smell? – Remember you’re trying to please all the senses here, not just one. So adding a welcoming fragrance to proceedings (summer breeze, anyone?) can make all the difference.
- Let in some natural light – Unless your house doubles as a hipster cafe at the weekend, there’s no need for you to live in darkness. Open the curtains, remove any obtrusive furniture and rejoice in the sunshine!
If you’ve decided you want to up sticks and are considering moving house, then hopefully these little tidbits will give you all the help you need for staging your home. Just remember that you’re trying to add value to your house and all will be well…
Pearson Ferrier know the answer!
That’s where we come in!
Here at Pearson Ferrier we understand just how important the decision making process can be when selling your home, and with over 100 years combined experience you can be sure we’ll find the best deal for you.
Our experts are on hand to help answer your questions and ensure the selling process runs as smooth as possible. So get in touch today and arrange a FREE PROPERTY VALUATION with one of our trusted advisors.
For more information on how we can help, feel free to drop us a line at our head office on 0161 764 4440, or fill out our contact form with your details.
COMPETITION: A reminder that we’re giving away 3 x £20 B&Q vouchers over on our Facebook page to help with any home improvements your planning. Simply LIKE the page and comment with one of your DIY Disasters – hurry though, as only THREE lucky winners will be chosen!