26 Silver Street, Bury
- RENT REDUCED TO £25,000 FOR THE FIRST YEAR AS A CONTRIBUTION TO REFURBISHMENT
- RENTAL INCREASE IN YEARS 2+ SUBJECT TO NEGOTIATION PRIOR TO LEASE AGREEMENT
- OUTSTANDING BAR/ RESTAURANT OPPORTUNITY
- GRADE II LISTED FORMER BANK PREMISES DATING BACK TO 1836
- HEART OF BURY'S TRADITIONAL AND PROFESSIONAL DISTRICT
Magnificent Grade II listed former bank which dates to 1836 and now offers an occupant a restaurant opportunity with the potential for up to 100 covers. Under the proposed scheme, entry is made through the main front entrance with space for a bar/reception, main dining hall with mezzanine, kitchen, toilets and ancillary spaces, with the potential for offices or function rooms to the second floor. The ground and first floor levels total 4273 sq/ft (396.98 sq/m) with the potential for a mezzanine of approximately 645 sq/ft and feature an ornately coved former banking hall, of which there is no parallel in the local area.
The premises are located in the traditional district of Bury town centre close to many of the town's most established businesses, including the Fusilier's museum, solicitors firms, Bury library and other bars and restaurants. Motorway access is available within 1.7 miles (M66, junction 2), connecting Bury with the wider North West. Bury's public transport interchange is within 500 ft of the premises. Metered street parking is available directly outside.
A new term of FRI lease to be agreed.
Historic England describes the building as follows: Enriched classical style. A substantial corner building of two storeys. Ashlar, with moulded plinth and rusticated bands across ground floor and cornice (on brackets alternation with medallions) across upper floor. Five large windows, the upper ones having shaped hoods on brackets and enriched pseudo-balcony fronts. The middle bay projects slightly; on ground floor it has large arched entry with horizontal ribbing to angled intrados and grotesque head as keystone; on first floor it has paired pilasters supporting segmental pediment enclosing sculpture. Side sections of front are framed by pilasters. Parapet with sections of balustrading; chimneys with bracketed cornices surmount it. 4-bay return front to Bank Street is similar. Recessed quadrant corner. INTERIOR has highly enriched plasterwork. Built for Bury Banking Co, founded (as Grundy and Wood) before 1836. Upper floor formerly used as Bury Council Chamber and offices.
Each party to be responsible for their own professional costs.
The quoted price is exclusive of but liable for VAT at the prevailing rate.